Today, fixing a dent in your car is not a big deal as you can choose from a variety of tools and techniques. For example, if you purchase a dent repair kit, it will provide you with all of the tools to remove dents from your car. Some of these tools include bars, rods, dollies, hammers, and glue sticks, just to name a few. In this article, we are going to share with you a few dent puller tips that will help you use these kits more easily. Read on to find out more.
Although it may sound unbelievable, you can use suction for pulling dents from your vehicle. However, it is important to keep in mind that this technique is suitable for big dents only. In other words, you cannot use this technique to pull small dents as you need a clean surface for mounting the suction cups.
Steps to use the dent puller
Given below are five simple steps that will help you use the suction cup and pull the dent from your vehicle. Make sure you follow all of these steps as every single step is vital or you may end up causing more damage to your vehicle.
1. Clean the target surface area.
2. Mount the suction cup in the center of the dent
3. For proper attachment, click the tabs
4. You should pull gently to increase the pulling strength
5. Once the dent pops out, you can detach the cups
Glue and puller
Since this technique is quite new, you may not be familiar with it. This kit comes with small plastic tabs that allow you to pull the dents on your car more easily. Since these tabs feature rough baking, they can increase the surface area when you press them into the glue.
Therefore, they work as an anchor in the dent, which allows you to pull the dent out. Given below are some of the simple steps you can use to apply this method and fix a dent.
1. Start by cleaning the surface area
2. Plug in the glue gun to make it heat up
3. Apply a little bit of glue onto the panel
4. Now press the plastic tabs
5. Wait for a while to let them cool down
6. Attach a slide hammer for puller
7. Tap or pull the dent gently backward to make it look smooth
8. Use an alcohol-based cleaner to spray the glue
9. Use a plastic spatula to remove glue
Spot welding is an ideal in-depth approach and can be used for dents where the paint is damaged. All of these methods are paintless. In other words, you don’t need to repair the paint after the dent is fixed.
But, if you go for the spot welding method, you need to repair the paint. But the thing is that you should not use this technique if you don’t have a lot of experience in this field. Therefore, we don’t suggest that you try this technique at home. Only professionals should be allowed to perform spot welding.
Long story short, use these dent puller tips for fixing dents on your car without the help of a professional. However, if you think you can’t do it yourself, you should get in touch with a professional to be on the safe side.